CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community)
Gain the skills to become an aged care worker in Adelaide
The CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home & Community) qualification provides a nationally recognised qualification. Delivered with a specialisation in Aged Care & Community Care, the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support gives you the skills and capabilities to start a rewarding career in the community services sector. Job prospects include:
- Aged Care Worker
- Personal Care Worker
- Support Worker
- Home Carer
- Respite Care Worker
The training is delivered face-to-face in EmployEase’s Hindmarsh location for two days per week (9:30 am – 3:00pm). On average, the course takes 28 weeks to complete.
Students are also required to complete 120 hours of work placement in a local aged care facility. Work placement is a fantastic opportunity for students to learn hands-on skills in a real working environment.
The CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home & Community) is delivered in two locations in South Australia:
- North Adelaide
Job seekers and young people can now benefit from fee-free or low-fee training. The JobTrainer fund is part of Australia’s Economic Response to COVID-19. It provides up to 340,700 additional training places to fill the skills gap in aged care, community care, disability support and nursing.
EmployEase is here to assist all eligible students in Adelaide to get the most out of their JobTrainer opportunity. Start your meaningful career in ageing, home and community support by gaining the qualifications aged care employers seek.
Participant Eligibility Apply. Supported by the Government of South Australia.
What units are covered in the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community)?
- CHCCCS015 – Provide individualised support
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCCCS023 – Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCLEG001 – Work legally and ethically
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care (includes Manual Handling)
- HLTINF001 – Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- CHCCCS011 – Meet personal support needs
- CHCAGE001 – Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 – Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCHCS001 – Provide home and community support services
- CHCCCS025 – Support relationships with carers and families
How do I become an aged care or home care worker?
To become an Aged Care Worker you are required to complete the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home & Community) and 120 hours of work placement in an aged care facility:
- Complete a CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home & Community) qualification with EmployEase
- Complete your 120 hours of work placement. This is organised by EmployEase and runs in a local aged care facility. It is common for students to gain employment from their work placement facility.
- Gain a HLTAID003 Provide First Aid certificate which gives you the skills to manage life-threatening medical emergencies. This course takes around 1 day to complete.
- Once you graduate you are ready to work! In fact, 80% of students get a job after graduating with EmployEase*.
“I recently completed the Cert III Individual Support and having no previous experience I was given a job within days of finishing placement. I could not ask for a better company and trainers to get me through!”
“I’m studying my Cert IV in Disability with EmployEase. The Trainers are so flexible with studying around existing work and family life.”
“I qualified with my Cert III in Individual Support last year and gained employment where I did my placement. This course and the team at EmployEase changed me and my children’s future. Thank you so much.”
“I learned so much from my training with EmployEase. I not only gained valuable industry knowledge a passion for an industry I now love. Thank you for helping me find direction in my work life.”
Register for a FREE info session
Our information sessions are free and provide you with an opportunity to ask as many questions and gather as much information as possible prior to starting your course.
Submit your details below and one of our friendly course advisors will be in contact to organise a time that best suits you.