Disability Support Courses
CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability
COVID-19 update: Students’ health is our main priority throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Where face to face training is required, our training will strictly adhere to all government regulations. Some parts of your training will now be delivered with your trainer via a virtual classroom. Speak to one of our course advisors for specific delivery for each course.
CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability provides the nationally recognised qualification for people wishing to work in disability support.
This course will support you to take on a challenging and rewarding career in the community services sector. Right now, there is a shortage of workers in this field so there are strong employment opportunities.
Our courses are designed to provide you with the confidence, knowledge, practical skills and qualifications to work in the following job roles:
- Home carers (either council based or with private agencies)
- Disability support workers (working in group homes or day programs)
- Working with agencies providing in home support for people with disabilities and older people living independently.
This qualification has two (2) timetable options:
- A weekday timetable over a period of approximately 5 months, 2 days per week, 9.30am – 3.30pm plus 120 hours of placement. This is delivered using a blended delivery model. This means that whilst some units are delivered in the classroom, others are delivered via Zoom where the student and trainer meet up on-line using their laptop or personal computer.
- An evening/Saturday timetable is delivered over 7 months, 2 evenings per week via Zoom plus scheduled Saturdays delivered face to face in the classroom, plus a 120-hour placement.
EmployEase arranges 120 hours of work placement as part of the course. This is set in a local facility and gives you the opportunity to gain the hands-on experience which employers look for. Many students gain employment from their work placement provider and 80% of EmployEase students were employed after completing a course.
Please note: this only applied to students studying in Victoria. Students in South Australia will need to organise their own placement.
“I recently completed the Cert III Individual Support and having no previous experience I was given a job within days of finishing placement. I could not ask for a better company and trainers to get me through!”
“I’m studying my Cert IV in Disability with EmployEase. The Trainers are so flexible with studying around existing work and family life.”
“I qualified with my Cert III in Individual Support last year and gained employment where I did my placement. This course and the team at EmployEase changed me and my children’s future. Thank you so much.”
“I learned so much from my training with EmployEase. I not only gained valuable industry knowledge a passion for an industry I now love. Thank you for helping me find direction in my work life.”
Register for a FREE info session
Our information sessions are free and provide you with an opportunity to ask as many questions and gather as much information as possible prior to starting your course.
Submit your details below and one of our friendly course advisors will be in contact to organise a time that best suits you.