The Top Three Healthcare Careers in Demand
There is currently a high need for healthcare professionals in Australia. If you are looking for a new career, the following are the top three healthcare careers in demand:
- Disability support workers
- Aged care workers
- Enrolled nurses
Do any of these areas interest you? Here is a rundown on what it takes to train in these areas.
1. Disability Support Workers
Disability support workers truly make a difference in people’s lives. Your job helps those with a disability live life with more independence. It is an opportunity to empower someone living with a disability.
Every day will be as different as your client’s needs. You will work with people from all walks of life. Some of the tasks you will perform includes:
- Helping around the house.
- Taking your client go shopping and to other activities
- Helping organise group outings
- Preparing meals
While working as a disability support worker is challenging and tiring, it is equally rewarding helping someone to live life independently.
Training as a Disability Support Worker
EmployEase offers CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability which is a nationally recognised course. Some of the career opportunities you will qualify for on completion include:
- Working in a day program or community home as a disability support worker
- A home carer with an agency or council
- Supporting older people and people with a disability through an agency.
As part of your training, you will receive 120 hours of hands-on experience.
2. Aged Care Workers
Aged care workers help elderly people stay independent as long as possible or help them in aged care facilities. You will support them in achieving their daily tasks and activities.
The type of assistance you provide will depend on the needs of your client. Some will only need basic help around the house such as gardening, light house cleaning and transport to events and appointments. Others will need help with personal hygiene such as showering and dressing. They may also need help preparing meals and assistance eating, and taking medication.
Training as an Aged Care Worker
EmployEase offers the nationally recognised course CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community). On completion you will have the knowledge, confidence and qualifications to work as a:
- Residential support worker
- Personal care worker
- Home carer
- A carer working with an agency to support older people and people with a disability
As part of the course, you will receive 120 hours hands-on experience to build your confidence.
3. Enrolled Nurses
Enrolled nurses play a vital role in the community, but you need extensive training if you want to work in this role. As an enrolled nurse you will:
- Write detailed patient notes
- Assist patients with personal hygiene such as bathing
- Follow care plans from doctors, RNs and therapists
- Support patients and their families emotionally and physically
- Attend to a patient’s wounds
- Record, measure and observe a patient’s vital signs and report any changes to the relevant person
- Care for patients before and after an operation
Training as an Enrolled Nurse
EmployEase offers the nationally recognised course HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing. It is an 18-month course that includes 400 hours of hands-on experience.
On completion of the course, you will have the qualifications to work at:
- Medical centers
- Aged care facilities
If any of these courses interest you, contact us now to find out more!
Start a rewarding career today
Kick your career goals with EmployEase and learn the skills to make a real difference in your community.